Kale and Brown Rice Salad with Lemon Dressing
In these cold winter months, it is vital to take in as many vitamins and minerals as possible so that your body can fight the bacteria and viruses that are common. This salad is rich in Vitamin C, and the lemon will help you absorb more iron from the kale. We have made the base brown rice so that the salad is as filling as it is healthy.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
4 cups kale, finely chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
a handful of dried cherries
1 lemon juice
1 orange juice
⅓ cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, mashed
½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
¼ tsp salt
1-2 tsp raw organic honey
1. Pour the dressing ingredients into a small bowl, then stir until combined. Set aside the resulting dressing.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan at moderate temperature. Add kale, salt, and black pepper, then simmer for a few minutes
3. Add pre-cooked brown rice and simmer for another few minutes with kale. Remove the pan from the heat.
4. After that, add the dressing and stir until combined.
5. Sprinkle dried cherries over the salad.
6. You can serve the salad warm or cold.