Risotto with Mushrooms and Baby Spinach
You can prepare risotto in countless ways because brown rice is excellent with numerous foods. I combined it with champignon mushrooms and baby spinach, and I added pesto sauce to make it creamy.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
1 cup champignon mushrooms, finely chopped
1 ½ cup brown rice
7-8 cup vegetable broth
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, mashed
½ cup water
½ cup vegan parmesan
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
1-2 tbsp pesto sauce
1 cup baby spinach
a pinch of salt
a pinch of black pepper
a pinch of fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped (optional)
a pinch of microgreens
1. Pour the vegetable broth into a medium-sized pot and heat it.
2. Heat the olive oil at moderate temperature. Add the champignon mushrooms and onion. Simmer for 5 minutes until the mushrooms soften and the liquid evaporates. Add garlic and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Pour the water, add brown rice, and a half tsp of basil, sage, and chive. Mix until combined. Cook the rice for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add a ½ cup of heated vegetable broth occasionally (until you use all the broth), then cook until rice absorbs all the liquid, for about 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat. Add vegan parmesan, baby spinach, remaining herbs, salt, and black pepper. Pour over the pesto sauce and stir to combine.
6. Serve and enjoy.