Beta heart® is a nutritious vanilla-flavoured powder that contains the key ingredient OatWell™ oat beta-glucan. Oat beta-glucan has been shown to lower or maintain blood cholesterol.*
* Oat beta-glucan has been shown to lower/reduce blood cholesterol. High cholesterol is a risk factor in the development of coronary heart disease. Beta-glucans contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of oat beta-glucan. Coronary heart disease has multiple risk factors and altering one of these risk factors may or may not have a beneficial effect.
** Oat beta-glucans contribute to the maintenance of normal blood cholesterol levels. The claim may be used only for food which contains at least 1 g of beta-glucans from oats, oat bran, barley, barley bran, or from mixtures of these sources per quantified portion. In order to bear the claim information shall be given to the consumer that the beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3 g of beta-glucans from oats, oat bran, barley, barley bran, or from mixtures of these beta-glucans.
Beta heart® is approved by cholesterol charity HEART UK, who provide expert support, guidance and education on cholesterol.
HEART UK operates a product approval scheme to help signpost the public to heart-healthy foods that can play a positive role in helping manage their cholesterol.
- 3 g of oat beta-glucans help to lower cholesterol* (2 scoops)
- 1.5 g oat beta-glucans help to maintain cholesterol** (1 scoop)
- Sugar-free – with no artificial sweeteners
- High in fibre (3 g per scoop)
- Source of protein
- 25 kcal per scoop
Mix two 2 scoops of Beta heart® with water for a sugar-free drink. You can also mix with fruit juice or add it to your favourite Formula 1 shake once per day. Alternatively, mix 1 scoop twice per day.